2022/2023 Hiking Season
- PLEASE NOTE: All hikers must have signed the online waiver and paid prior to showing up for a hike.
- Most of our hikes begin either in the parking area at the Posse Ground in Sedona (indicated by a "PG" in the schedule) or in the rear parking lot of the Sedona Vista Village Shops in the Village of Oak Creek (indicated by "VOC"). Other starting points are indicated below. All hikers should be at the specified meeting place prior to the posted start time so we can leave for the trailhead as scheduled.
- All hikes return in mid- or late afternoon.
- All hike distances listed below represent approximate round-trip mileage and approximate cumulative elevation gain.
- In keeping with the Letter Of Agreement between the Westerners and USFS, all hikes involving Wilderness (rated W12 below) strive to have at most 12 hikers in a group. If more hikers are at the meeting place they should split into groups, stagger the start times, and maintain separation throughout the hike. All groups hiking in other than Wilderness are limited in size to 25.
- All hikers should be familiar with our hiking rules and hiking etiquette, including the USFS guidelines for archaeological sites.
Due to weather or other circumstances, Hike Bosses may cancel or change a scheduled hike without prior notice. Please check the website before heading out and click the "more info" button for additional hike information.
To see only the upcoming hikes for a particular group, select from this list:
Click here for a printer-friendly page of upcoming hikes
To see hikes for a particular group for the entire season, click "View Entire Season" below, then submit, then enter the group name in the Search Box.
E = Easy
VOC = Meet in Village of Oak Creek (Sedona Vista Village rear parking lot)
W12 = Wilderness (group limited to 12)
M = Medium
PG = Meet in Sedona (Posse Grounds parking lot)
KeyX = Key Exchange
D = Difficult
GT = Meet at the Girdner trailhead (See below)
HC = High Clearance Vehicle Recommended
L = Ledges
SR = Meet at the Shooting Range (See below)
Shuttle = Car Shuttle<
S = Steep
Dual Sign In = Meet up will occur at both PG and VOC at designated time
TBA = To Be Announced
R = Rock Scramble
CP = Meet at Cultural Park (See below)
CEG = Cumulative Elevation Gain
W = Water
More Info = Click on button for additional comments
Girdner Trailhead - Turn right from southbound 89A at the Cultural park signal, and proceed to the dirt parking area at the solar ramada.
Shooting Range - Boynton Pass Road and Forest Road 9589B. Make a left turn just before crossing Dry Creek and making the sharp left on Boynton Pass Road.
Cultural Park - South on 89A to the high school signal, turn right, park in dirt lot near the solar ramada.