2017/2018 Hiking Season
- PLEASE NOTE: All hikers must have signed the online waiver and paid prior to showing up for a hike.
- All of our hikes begin either in the parking area at the Posse Ground in Sedona (indicated by a "PG" in the schedule) or in the rear parking lot of the outlet mall in the Village of Oak Creek (indicated by "VOC".) All hikers should be at the specified meeting place prior to the posted start time so we can leave for the trailhead as scheduled.
- All Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Special (Tracker) hikes do not return until mid- or late afternoon. Sunday hikes usually return before dark.
- All hike distances listed below represent approximate round-trip mileage and approximate cumulative elevation gain.
- In keeping with the Letter Of Agreement between the Westerners and USFS, all hikes involving Wilderness (rated W12 below) strive to have at most 12 hikers in a group. If more hikers are at the meeting place they should split into groups, stagger the start times, and maintain separation throughout the hike. All groups hiking in other than Wilderness are limited in size to 25.
- All hikers should be familiar with our hiking rules and hiking etiquette, including the USFS guidelines for archaeological sites.
Due to weather or other circumstances, Hike Bosses may cancel or change a scheduled hike without prior notice.
To see only the upcoming hikes for a particular group, select from this list:
Click here for a printer-friendly page of upcoming hikes
To see hikes for a particular group for the entire season, click "View Entire Season" below, then submit, then enter the group name in the Search Box.
|Sat, Apr 21||8:00 AM @ PG||Rustlers||Crescent Moon, Secret Sliderock Loop||Sedona||2.5 miles||300 feet||E,|
|Sat, Apr 21||8:00 AM @ PG||Rough Riders||Loy Canyon / Secret Cabin||Sedona||10.0 miles||2300 feet||D, W12, S, HC, Dual|
|Sun, Apr 22||8:00 AM @ PG||Drovers||Lime Kiln||Sedona||4.0 miles||850 feet||M|
|Tue, Apr 24||8:00 AM @ PG||Dogies||Sedona Loop 4 - Andante to High School||Sedona||7.5 miles||930 feet||M, W12, Shuttle,|
|Thu, Apr 26||8:00 AM @ VOC||Mustangs||Cathedral Rock Circumnavigation via Napoleon's Tomb||Village of Oak Creek||6.5 miles||1500 feet||D, S, L, R|
|Thu, Apr 26||8:00 AM @ PG||Amblers||Red Mountain||Flagstaff||2.0 miles||E|
|Sat, Apr 28||6:00 AM @ Dual Sign In||Rough Riders||Hermit / Dripping Springs||Grand Canyon||6.0 miles||D, S,|
|Sat, Apr 28||8:00 AM @ VOC||Rustlers||Jacks Canyon to Woods Canyon||Village of Oak Creek||4.0 miles||E|
|Sun, Apr 29||8:00 AM @ PG||Drovers||Damfino Canyon||Sedona||4.0 miles||800 feet||D, W12, S, R|
|Tue, May 1||8:00 AM @ PG||Dogies||Black Canyon Trail (Mingus)||Cottonwood||6.0 miles||M|
|Thu, May 3||8:00 AM @ PG||Mustangs||Fin Loop / Mormon Overlook||Sedona||7.0 miles||1700 feet||D, W12, S, L, R|
|Thu, May 3||8:00 AM @ PG||Amblers||Sandy's Canyon to Cave||Flagstaff||5.0 miles||E|
|Sat, May 5||8:00 AM @ PG||Rustlers||Kelly Canyon||Oak Creek Canyon||4.5 miles||500 feet||E|
|Sat, May 5||8:00 AM @ Other||Rough Riders||Woodchute/Martin Canyon Loop||Other||7.3 miles||M,|
|Sun, May 6||8:00 AM @ Dual Sign In||Drovers||Little Horse to Chicken Point||Village of Oak Creek||4.5 miles||470 feet||E|
|Tue, May 8||8:00 AM @ Other||Dogies||Parsons Spring Trail||Cottonwood||7.0 miles||800 feet||M, W12, R, W,|
|Thu, May 10||Mustangs||NO HIKE|
|Thu, May 10||12:00 PM||Spring Cookout|
|Thu, May 10||8:00 PM||End of Season|